Monday, January 10, 2011

Little Ted's Big Day

Greetings All!

It is I, your beloved Yorkshire, reporting from behind the heavenly lines to give you an update on Life Upstairs.

First, let me tell you, it is quite nice here! Of course, I had to suffer the indignity of crawling through a doggie door to get here--apparently, God has a bit of a sense of humor.

So, mama, you should be interested in this--guess who should approach me upon my entrance into the Great T-Bone in the Sky? Yep, you guessed it! My adopted brother, Bernie. There he stood--as smug as you please. Bragging about how he knew the ropes, etc. I informed him that I was still older than he was and that I could figure out things just fine, thank you very much.

He informed me that as a Maltese, he was descended from royalty while that I, as a Yorkshire, was working class. Working class!! I told him that for the last two years, I was carried everywhere just like the little prince I was and that I was directly descended from a long line of distinguished Yorkshires from England. AND that if everyone in that small country should up and croak, guess who would be running the show?

Me.

(Take that, Bernie!)

I called him elitist. He called me bourgeois. I called him a snob. He called me plebeian.

We scuffled a bit in that competitive way we had. (Now that I'm here, my faculties have restored themselves, and I'm back in the game.).

We abruptly stopped as we decided that if we had to spend eternity together, we had better learn how to get along!

Over a couple of milk bones and a beer, Bernie gave me the lay of the land--including the back story behind a pair of twin poodles with whom we are double-dating tomorrow night. (Heaven rocks.)

(Mama, yes, I will be on my best behavior and keep my paws to myself. For now. I also know that no one will ever be good enough for me and that no one loves you like your mother.)

Oh--and mama, you'll never guess who I ran into? Your childhood dog, Rafferty. I have to say: that is one fine-looking Airedale. She is obviously a credit to you. If you don't mind, I might invite her for a nice walk off-leash or to go investigate someone's trash. (Rafferty has confessed a love for garbage, and who am I to deny a beautiful woman?)

She gives you her paw.

Thank you for the memorial to me. Everyone has had such nice things to see about me. Obviously, they have excellent taste. I am, after all, me. :)

Mama, I know these past few days have been hard, and you feel sad. It's okay to feel sad, but know how much I love you and our life together. We had some good times together, and we had a wonderful life with Our Mama as well.

Please tell Our Mama and Man that I love them.

Yorkshire Love,

Teddy

P.S. Did I mention that heaven is bath-optional?

P.S.S. I'm getting a new nickname that you can add to your list: Stud.






No comments:

Post a Comment